In Hinduism, Fridays are dedicated to Goddess Lakshmi. Varalakshmi Vratham is observed on second Friday that falls just before Purnima (Full Moon Day) in Sravana month. As per Puranas, the Vrat was adviced by Lord Shiva to Goddess Parvathi.
On this day, Women perform puja to Goddess Lakshmi for good wealth, health and prosperity of the family.
Varalakshmi Vratham in 2019 is on 9th August – Friday.
Varalakshmi Vratham in 2020 is on 31st July – Friday.
Varalakshmi Vratham Telugu PDF File Free Download
Varalakshmi Vratham English PDF File Free Download – Link
Varalakshmi Vratham Pooja Items List
- Photo or Vigraham of Goddess Lakshmi Devi
- Akshatalu (Rice grains + Turmeric + 1 or 2 drops of ghee)
- Chandan / Sandalwood paste or powder
- Agarbatti/ Incense sticks
- Karpuram / Camphor
- Tamalapakulu / Paan patta / Betel leaves – Min 12 leaves
To place pasupu Vinayakudu / Haldi Ganesha – 1
To offer Tambulam to Ganesha -3
To offer Tambulam to Varalakshmi Ammavaru – 3
To arrange Kalasam/Kalash – 5
- Vakkalu / Betelnut – Place 2 no. per Tambulam
- Coconut – 2
One to make Varalakshmi Ammavaru
One to offer to God
- Kalasam / Kalash
- Kalasa Vastram / Blouse piece
Blouse piece is folded to form a cone. It is placed over the coconut, decorated as Varalakshmi Ammavaru.
1)Cow milk + 2) Cow ghee + 3) Yogurt + 4) Honey + 5) Sugar or Jaggery