Sattila Ekadashi Significance and Rituals
Shattila Ekadashi is also know as Sattila Ekadashi or Tila Ekadashi or Tilda ekadashi or Magh Krishna Ekadashi.
In some regions Sattila Ekadashi called as Magh Krishna Ekadashi, as it falls in Magh Maas(As per Purnimanth Calendar) and in Krishna Paksha.
The name of the Ekadashi is Sat-Tila is came from Tila (Sesame) Seed. It is believed that donating Til (Sesame) seeds on this day will help in redeeming sins. It is also considered highly auspicious to take bath in water mixed with Tila (sesame seeds) and offer oblations to dead ancestors with water mixed with sesame seeds.
All normal rituals associated with Ekadashi Fasting are also observed on this day.
Significance and Importance of Sattila Ekadashi
- Removes all the sins and attains moksha.
- Keep control on your senses.
- Get rid of negative thoughts, anger, ego, gossips and other sinful activities.
- Build your fate stronger by donating sesame (til) seeds, cereals and other food items.
- Offering oblations to our dead ancestors with a mixture of water and sesame seeds is highly beneficial.
- Attain Spiritual enlightenment and fulfil your desires.
Shattila Ekadashi 2023 Date
In 2023 Shattila Ekadashi is celebrated on Wednesday, January 18th